Facilitate change by being pro-active at an individual, family, community and national level.
To Do This We Will
- Acknowledge Iwi Maori as Tangata Whenua
- Provide a quality service that includes:
- group therapy
- family therapy
- Be the point of contact for issues around sexual assault
- Promote the ongoing development of community based programmes
- Change/advocate/contribute to the development of effective policy and programmes at a national level
- Operate the Taranaki SAFER Centre in a business like manner
- Regularly review the effectiveness of all our services, programmes and operations
Taranaki SAFER Centre ensures that all programmes delivered by our organisation consider the individual needs of the client without compromising the basic needs of the child and/or young person. This is reflected in the programme content, Child Care, Child Abuse Policy & Constitution of this organisation.